Second Presbyterian Preschool (SPP) is proudly opening for another exciting school year. We will be prepared to take all precautions to keep our children and staff safe during the current pandemic we are experiencing. SPP will closely follow the protocols and procedures discussed below.
- There will be no parent or grandparent entry at any time, children and staff only.
- Temperature checks will take place twice a day for children and staff, upon arrival and at noon.
- Teachers will wear face masks at all times.
- Any student or staff member who has fever will be required to test negative for Covid-19 before returning to campus.
Drop-Off Line Procedures
- Before-care drop off (7:30-8:30) will be outside the main entrance to the preschool and parents will walk their children to the door while wearing a mask and keeping 6 feet apart from other families. Both the parent and children will have their temperature taken before the child enters the building.
- During the 8:30-9:00 drop off line parents will remain in their car and everyone in the car will have their temperature taken before the children exit the car. Every adult in the car will need to wear a mask during drop off.
- Each parent will be asked the following questions at drop off. Has your child had recent onset of any of the following symptoms:
- Fever and/or chills?
- Shortness of breath?
- New-onset cough?
- Sore throat?
- New-onset muscle ache, not explained by exercise or activity?
- New-onset loss of taste or smell?
- In the past 14 days, has your child tested positive for Covid-19 or have been in direct contact with someone with Covid-19?
- Has your child traveled internationally or outside of the state?
- If they pass the above criteria, the student’s shoes will be sprayed with disinfectant.
- Children and staff will immediately wash hands for the required 20 seconds at arrival.
- Runner will deliver children to their class.
Afternoon Pick-Up Procedures
- The 3:00 p.m. pick up line will run as normal, staff will escort student to the vehicle.
- All classrooms will participate in the pick-up line, including infants and toddlers.
After Care Pick-Up (3:00-5:30 p.m.)
Teachers will be notified by the parent via text when they are outside the preschool and the student will be escorted out. All after care student’s parents will be given the appropriate cell number to contact a staff member.